Peter Wasmer, Founder & CEO, Pure Coastal Technologies, Inc.
Are you looking for creative ways to generate customer leads without leaving the office? Chances are that if you’re a small business owner, generating leads often seems like a daunting task. After all, you can’t just go out and buy a list of potential customers. And even if you could, cold calling them is probably not the best use of your time. So, what’s a small business owner to do?
The good news is that there are several creative ways to generate leads without breaking a sweat. Here are five new ideas:
- Networking – One great way to generate leads is to leverage your existing network. If you have a small business, chances are you know other small business owners in your community. These people can be a valuable resource when it comes to generating new leads. Simply reach out and ask if they have any customers or clients, they can refer you to. You may be surprised at how willing people are to help a fellow small business owner.
- Offer Something of Value – Another effective lead generation strategy is to offer something of value in exchange for contact information – deals, samples, advice, etc. This could be a free e-book, report, or even just a helpful tip sheet. Whatever you offer, make sure it’s something your target market will find useful. Nobody wants to waste their time with something they don’t perceive as valuable.
- Tap Into Online Resources – Finally, don’t forget the power of online tools. There are lots of great websites and platforms out there that can help you generate leads. For example, LinkedIn is a great platform for connecting with potential customers and clients. You can also use Google AdWords to create targeted ads that reach people who are searching for what you have to offer.
- Become a Thought Leader – By creating original thought leadership content that benefits potential customers, you establish yourself and your business as a go-to-expert. Articles, videos, podcasts, infographics, or a combination of these will all help you increase your profile and achieve greater visibility in your industry.
- Use Humor and Fun – Try hosting a contest that will engage potential customers in a fun way such as a quiz, competition, giveaway, or similar activity. This is an easy way to get new people to want to know more about your business and generate inquiries.
By using these creative lead generation strategies, you can get the leads you need without ever having to leave your office. So, what are you waiting for? Start generating those leads today!