By Peter Wasmer, Founder & CEO of Pure Coastal Technologies Inc.
The holidays are a wonderful time of year. But for small businesses, they can also be a bit stressful. After all, you want your customers and employees to have the best possible experience during this festive season.
Here are a few tips on how to dazzle your small business employees and customers this holiday season:
- Get into the holiday spirit yourself. Nothing will get your customers and employees into the holiday mood more than seeing that you’re excited about it too. Put up some decorations in your office, adorn your website with holiday messaging, play some holiday music, decorate your company’s vehicle fleet, and make sure everyone on your team is in good spirits.
- Offer special holiday promotions. Customers love getting deals, so take advantage of the holidays as an opportunity to offer them something extra special. Whether it’s a discount on their purchase or a gift with purchase, they’ll appreciate the gesture. Email is responsible for 24% of sales during holiday season, meaning that it’s a top-secret to the seasonal sales boom, according to Shopify, so consider an email marketing campaign with a holiday theme.
- Go the extra mile with customer service. The holidays are a busy time for everyone, so your customers will appreciate if you go above and beyond to make their experience as seamless and stress-free as possible. If you can offer things like extended hours, holiday shipping, or even just a friendly smile and some holiday cheer, they’ll be sure to remember your business when it comes time to shop next year.
- Participate in American Express’ Small Business Saturday, which is set for Saturday, November 26. Consumers will be eager to spend their money on wants and needs so be prepared to capitalize on this opportunity to showcase your business.
- Prepare your inventory.VistaPrint notes that, “It may seem like you have a lot of time between now and the peak of the holiday season, but the truth is, the holiday rush will be upon you sooner than you think. Get your high-season inventory ordered or organized.”
- Take a Step Back and Reflect. The holidays are an ideal time to take a step back, reflect and consider what changes you need to make to make 2023 better than ever. There is always something that needs to be improved so don’t be bashful about devoting the necessary time to evaluate your internal processes and systems. It’s a great time to consider new software that will help you run your business more effectively, for example.
By following these tips, you’re sure to have your employees feeling merry and bright this holiday season!